Campo Nubuck Babe White
- Unit Price
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Since 2005, VEJA has been making sneakers differently infusing each stage of production with a positive impact. Environmentally friendly sneakers, made with raw materials sourced from organic farming and ecological agriculture, without chemicals or polluting processes.VEJA is th e Brazilian word for "look". The two founders Sébastien Kopp and François Morillon chose this name because they want the customers to look beyond the product itself, the sneaker, focusing on how they are made instead.
- Upper in Nubuck
- Panels made out of Nubuck & ChromeFree leather
- Logo V made of rubber and rice waste (22%)
- 100% organic cotton laces
- Tech inner lining (100% recycled polyester). Developed to acquire better resistance to friction and provide maximum comfort and flexibility thanks to its mesh structure
- Insole made of sugar cane (40%), organic cotton (12%), amazonian rubber (11%) & recycled E.V.A.* (11%)
- Vulcanized outsole made of rice waste (23%), amazonian rubber (19% ), recycled rubber (12%)
- Made in Brazil, in the region of Porto Alegre
Nubuck is made from grain leather. The upper part of the skin, which has the thickest fibres makes it soft, resistant and highly qualitative. This part is grinded or scraped to give it a soft and velvety appearance. It is also coated with water-repellent oils to protect the sneakers from light rain. Made in Brazil.
The ChromeFree leather is smooth and light. Coming from the farms located in the south of Brazil (Rio Grande do Sul), it undergoes an innovative tanning process where no chrome, heavy metals or dangerous acids are involved. By simplifying the tanning process, the use of chemicals and energy is limited, the use of water is reduced by about 40% and the use of salt by 80%. After tanning, the water is recyclable.
*ethylene vinyl acetate